National Geographic StarApp114 - 114mm Reflector Telescope with Astronomy App
- Color: Black
- Material: Carbon Fiber Wrap
- In-App Encyclopedia Provides Additional Details About Planets and Constellations
- 114mm Aperture and 500mm Focal Length
From our National Geographic series, the Explorer NT114CF Newtonian Astronomical Telescope is a perfect portal into the realm of deep sky observation. Offering a 114mm aperture and a 500mm focal length, the telescope comes with two Plossl eyepieces that produce images with excellent definition and contrast.
This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- The set also includes an adjustable tripod, a red dot viewfinder, a Smartphone Camera Adapter, a 2X Barlow lens, Stellarium computer software download and a star map. Just add clear, dark skies on a moonless night and a red flashlight to protect your night vision and you are set to explore the universe!
- Special mount atop telescope tube allows users to attach their device to the telescope and easily locate constellations and planets in the night sky using the ARTelescope APP
- 114mm aperture is excellent for observing deep sky objects like nebulae and star clusters
- Comes with two interchangeable Plössl eyepieces and a 2x Barlow lens to provide magnification options of 19x, 38x, 51.5x and 103x
- Includes simple mount for smooth movements and a full-size tripod with a center accessory tray
- Additional adapter helps observers position their own smart device over the eyepiece to capture and share images
- Item dimensions: 27" L x 6.75" W x 11.5" H
- Case dimensions: 28" L x 12" W x 8" H
- Weight: 6.1 lbs.
- *Limited* USA One Year Warranty once registered within 60 days of purchase
- The internal optics of your reflector telescope will rarely requiring cleaning as long as you put the dust cover on when the device is not in use. Small particles of dust that may enter the optical tube assembly during an observing session should not impact image quality. In the rare circumstance that a film of dirt collects on either mirror, you will need to contact Customer Service at (866) 252-3811 or email@example.com to arrange for the device to be returned to our facility for disassembly, cleaning and collimation. Although the optics inside of the reflector will likely never require cleaning as long as the dust cover is on when the telescope is not in use, eyepieces will need to be kept free of dust and dirt. To clean the eyepiece, use only a photo-grade soft brush or a lint-free cloth to gently remove any particles from the lens. Do not press down hard while cleaning as this might scratch the lens. If the eyepiece lens is exceptionally dirty, it may be necessary to dampen a lint-free cleaning cloth with an optical glass cleaning fluid and then wipe the lens clean using very light pressure. The eyepiece is NOT waterproof so do not spray fluids directly onto the glass or dip it in water. Never use harsh detergents! After you have finished cleaning an eyepiece, allow it to fully dry before storing. Make sure your telescope is always protected against dust and dirt. After use, leave it in a warm room to dry off before storing.
- Sun Hazard – Never look directly at the sun with this device.
- Choking Hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
- Contains button or coin cell battery. Hazardous if swallowed – see instructions.
- The lens contains lead that may be harmful. Wash hands after touching.